The Simply Conserve Indoor Window Insulation Kit includes plastic shrink film and two-way tape to cover average size windows. The kit helps to seal windows airtight, eliminates condensation, cold drafts and heat loss. Tape securely holds the plastic film in place. A hair dryer shrinks the window insulator film to form smooth, tight, and transparent inside storm windows.
The Single Window Insulation Kit covers one window up to 36″ by 60″.
Single Window Insulation Kit Includes
- One clear, plastic sheet: 42" x 62"
- Double-sided tape: 216"
|Window Film Length (inches)||42|
|Window Film Height (inches)||62|
|Double-sided Tape Length (inches)||216|
Instant Rebate: $2.47
The DTE Customer price is available exclusively to DTE residential customers. In the cart, you must first select “Apply Rebates” and your DTE gas and/or electric service will be validated via the shipping address you enter. Qualified rebates will be applied to your order.
Do not apply tape to wallboard, plaster, veneer paneling or mahogany molding.
If surface of molding is below 40ºF (5ºC), heat with hair dryer prior to applying tape.
1. Clean and dry window frame thoroughly.
2. Apply tape, liner still intact, to the outside edge or to the face of the window.
3. Peel off liner to expose adhesive.
4. Unfold film and cut to size, allowing at least 2" (5 cm) extra film on all four sides. Film may be removed and repositioned, if necessary.
5. Press film securely to tape.
6. Shrink the film with a hand-held hair dryer, set at highest heat setting. Hold the dryer about 1/4" (6 mm) from film surface, starting at one corner and moving slowly back and forth across the entire film surface until all wrinkles and creases disappear. Avoid touching film with dryer.
7. Trim excess film with scissors or protected razor blade.
8. Clean film with damp soft cloth when required.
For easy removal:
Heat tape with hair dryer and slowly peel off.